Tuesday 27 March 2012

Man Down!

About how I was stating there is a spring in my step. Well it is still there, but now there is just a thorn in my side. That thorn comes in the guise of Man Flu.

Man Flu, mans worst enemy since Kane and Abel went at it, yes that’s right I’m saying Man flu is worse than murder. Well OK I admit it, it isn’t. This is what inspired to write about man flu. What is it with Man flu? Why do we (Men) feel so hard done by when he have flu? Why do we feel the need to call it man flu? Why do we even consider it more deadly than...I don’t know…than the Ebola virus?

So here I am sat in work feeling sorry for myself because I basically have a body that aches, a runny nose, sneezing, a sore head and a cough. I mean I can’t be that bad as I’ve gotten up and dragged myself into work and yet I feel the need to whinge about being here and that I’m practically dying despite the fact the evidence says the contrary.

Now I’m no psychologist and if you ever here me utter those words stating that I am you have my permission to call me a bare face liar and report me to the psychologist police. But just maybe, just maybe, we men like to moan/whinge about man flu because we can’t whinge about giving birth and all the other aches and pains women go through. Now I know some men reading this might think I’ve gone all feminist on them and to an extent they’re right. I don’t mind admitting the fact I don’t have to go through giving birth, why any man would? That’s their (Women’s) bag to shoulder and they are welcome to it. If this is the worst it gets for men, I’ll take this anytime. I mean have you seen those TV shows were it shows women giving birth? They don’t exactly look like they’re having a freaking ball!

So basically what I’m saying is that there are far worse ailments out there, not that I’m calling child birth an ailment, but essentially we men need to Man the F*ck Up (MTFU). So on that note I’m going to MTFU with Lemsip, yeah that’s right,I’m cheating but it’ll stop me whinging.

Till next time blog world….

No comments:

Post a Comment