Wednesday 21 March 2012

It's freaking Spring!

Hello from the train...again.

It's spring folks and I don't care what a certain Groundhog says, it's here, it's queer and it's here to stay.

Anyway, to update my one reader on my bucket list before I'm 30.

Imagine this. Open window, said bucket list flying out of open window in the shape of paper plane.

Why! I hear you all screaming. Well why not? I've gone with my traditional approach to life, winging it! My tombstone would read "Here lies Iain Pye, he winged it a lot". Lists aren't for me and it was written at a time when I was down and out. I mean don't get me wrong I've done some of the things on the list. It's not as if I have an absolute loathing for lists. The bucket list at the time did help me focus, get to places and things that needed doing. For that I am truly grateful for the list and it's co-writers.

If it wasn't for this list I would not have jabbed posh people with a pointy end of a sharp stick and thoroughly enjoyed it. Despite my instructor telling me I have terrible form.

I also wouldn't be going on a two week RV cruise through America with two good friends that I haven't seen in a while.

So to return to my original comment about Spring. Why am I so freaking happy about it? Well Spring means new horizons and that's how I feel at the moment. It's Spring and there is spring in my step. I admit that I'm not exactly going to burst into song at any given moment but I feel like I could.

Whilst on the subject of bursting into spontaneous singing, why don't people do that more often? Surely the world would be a better place for it?

The prospect of turning 30 is no longer daunting for me. If anything it's like Spring. Come on 30 show me what you've got and bring a merry tune.

So if you excuse me I'm off to hum a tune with a spring in my step.

Till next time blog world...

No comments:

Post a Comment