Saturday 5 March 2011

Boredom, also known as lazyness

Boredom. Its a funny old thing. Its Saturday afternoon and I should be out enjoying myself. Instead I'm sat here on the couch whilst the 'Better Half' is revising at in the Dining room with the tones of Classic FM and random comments coming from that part of the house.

The Mad Ferret
Anyway to get things back on track. I think the main reason why I'm so bored is due to the fact I'm slightly hungover. Going out for a meal with a bunch of giggling 19 year old girls who also speak in tones that possibly only dogs can hear will drive a man to drink. Now instead of getting rid of the boredom/hangover by going out for a run I find myself sat here what can only described as self loathing. Self loathing has lead to me search the internet to try and keep the boredom at bay, yet hasn't really come up trumps. It has howver revealed the name of a band I saw last night, The Wooden Sky, at the Mad Ferret. A nice Canadian band that in my hazy drunkard mind I likened to a cross between The Strokes and The Black Keys. Although in the clear light of day this may not be the case. I believe a listen to them on Youtube is in order.

Right in order the quell this boredom I shall remove myself from said couch and do something productive. Its just deciding on what to do is the hard part. Till next time Blog world...

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good thing I'm over here in the US. If I was there, I'd have to visit the Mad Ferret and try my best to get those Joy Division posters off the wall, into my suitcase, back to the US, and up on my wall!!

    ReplyDelete